|Strength||Incapable of self defense|
At the moment, Taro Yamada is a placeholder name. Taro Yamada is the Japanese equivalent of "John Doe". John Doe can refer to a hypothetical person whose real identity is unknown.
Senpai's name will never be spoken aloud, but it will appear in the Student Info screen and on in-game social media. The player may be able to pick Senpai's name in a future update. Senpai's original gender is male; therefore, the article will refer to him as such from here on out.
- Main Article: Intros
In the first intro cutscene, he was first seen in Yandere-chan's dream, where the player can customize him. The next morning, Yandere-chan, who was late to school, bumps into him and immediately becomes obsessed with him. Senpai, however, does not know this, and will accept the love confession of any girl who chooses to do so. Right after he meets Yandere-chan, he is scolded by Osana Najimi and they walk the rest of the way to school together, with a lamenting Yandere-chan watching from afar. Info-chan watches the entire scene from behind them.
In the second intro, Senpai is not seen outside of customization. However, Info-chan calls Yandere-chan out on stalking an upperclassman, and tells her that the girl he was with is named Osana Najimi.
Appearance (Default Look)
Senpai's default look has short, messy dark hair, charcoal grey eyes, light skin, and the default male school uniform with gold buttons and black coloring. This is his default look because he is meant to look like a a generic everyday male protagonist, the one seen hundreds of times in anime.
During Yandere-chan's dream at the beginning of the game, the player can customize his gender, skin tone, hairstyle, hair color, eye color and eyewear, but if no changes are made or the process is skipped, Senpai will appear with his default look. Senpai is the same height as every other male student in the game so that all animations can link up. If possible, YandereDev would want Senpai to be slightly taller. YandereDev might release Senpai's textures and put them in the Streaming Assets folder so that the player can make custom skins for Senpai.He is highlighted in pink in Yandere Vision.
The first intro portrays Senpai as kind and considerate. He helps Yandere-chan up after he bumps into her and is seemingly friendly. He doesn't resent Osana Najimi for being rude to him and just follows her orders.
Senpai may also be somewhat of a pushover; he doesn't stick up for himself against Osana and will accept any confession he receives, which is why Yandere-chan must eliminate her rivals before they confess.
The second intro's Senpai isn't characterized nearly as much as the first. His personality is never mentioned by Yandere-chan nor Info-chan. He still accepts the confession of any rival with a good enough reputation, which might imply that he's still a bit of a doormat. However, this could be because he's on good terms with all the rivals.
His personality will be shaped and molded by the way that people around him are disappearing.
- If rivals are paired off with suitors, Senpai will think that he is not as appealing as other boys.
- If girls mysteriously stop coming to school, then he will assume all girls who skip school are delinquents.
- If girls show up dead shortly after they talk to him, Senpai will wonder if he is cursed.
Depending on the player's actions, Senpai might develop PTSD, a personality complex, a nervous disorder, or social anxieties.
He seems oblivious to Kokona's affections, judging by how she laments that he never notices her feelings when talking about him (formerly at the rooftop, but currently in the plaza at lunchtime). Senpai never seems to realize why Yandere-chan follows him around, either, and just shouts at her to leave him alone.
He is a loner who enjoys nature more than the company of people. Though an introvert, he does not seem to be shy. Senpai is not popular in the beginning, although girls will fall in love with him over the course of the game. Some popular people might even notice him.
He is an average male student who gets average grades.
A backstory has never been fully written for Senpai. He's meant to be plain and average.
In the original intro, Osana Najimi was his childhood friend. They have apparently known each other for a decade.
The reason Senpai is so popular is because he sat in the "Main Character Chair". From that moment on, his fate and destiny were set in stone.
Senpai has a younger sister, whose gender will not change if there is a female Senpai. She will look like a female version of Senpai, but she will have a hairstyle that no other character has. Senpai's parents look very ordinary. His father looks like an older version of him, and his mother looks as plain as he does.
Info-chan cannot dig up any dark secrets about Senpai because he apparently has no dark secrets at all.
At 7:05 AM each day, Senpai enters the school grounds, first in line on the left when facing the school gates. He walks to his locker at 7:10 AM. At 7:15 AM, he sits on the edge of the fountain. He avoids talking with the others.
At 8:00 AM Senpai walks into Classroom 3-2 and sits at his desk. He starts his morning classes at 8:30 AM, and leaves to go to lunch at 1:00 PM. During lunch, he does not eat, but sits on the edge of the fountain in the plaza. Kokona Haruka watches him on Wednesday.
Senpai walks to class again at 1:30 PM and finishes afternoon classes at 3:30 PM. He then goes down to his locker and lingers there until 3:50 PM, when he walks home. When Yandere-chan leaves school (no matter what time the player chooses), she always watches him go home until he arrives at his house safely.
Senpai is more similar to a "moving obstacle" rather than a regular interactive student. If a small town is added it's possible there may be a "date gameplay" mechanic.
Staying near Senpai will cause Yandere-chan's heart to beat loudly and the screen to turn pink. Yandere-chan will drop anything she's currently holding, keeping her hands to her chest. She cannot do anything besides walk when she's near him. Entering this zone will help her recover lost sanity. In the future, Yandere-chan's animations while near Senpai will look much weirder and she will appear to be extremely anxious. If Yandere-chan stands in Senpai's line of sight for too long, he will get slightly freaked out, and slowly lose patience. If this happens five times in one day, he will yell at her to go away, causing Yandere-chan to become heartbroken and trigger an immediate Game Over. If the player is in the Occult Club, then they can stay in Senpai's zone for longer without being noticed.
If he sees Yandere-chan performing suspicious actions such as holding a weapon, dragging a corpse, having low sanity, being covered in blood, or killing a person, it will trigger an immediate Game Over as well.
Since Senpai is a Loner, he will run away when he sees a corpse on school grounds, if Yandere-chan is not there to alert him in some way and get a Game Over.
Senpai will have a hidden sanity variable that will influence some of the game's endings and might influence his everyday behavior.
In the full game, Senpai will be on good terms with all the rivals, so he won't suspect them of any crimes even if he sees them covered in blood. If there's "evidence" against a rival, however, he will be unable to stop them from getting arrested.
YandereDev has not revealed why Senpai chooses to spend time with Osana, despite her treatment of him. After she is eliminated, there may be a cutscene showing how Senpai is handling the situation.
Before meeting Senpai, Yandere-chan drifted through life without any purpose. Yandere-chan only noticed Senpai a few days before the game begins, but Yandere-chan's sense of right and wrong immediately became "completely guided by the goal of obtaining Senpai for herself."
Yandere-chan may act like a pervert toward Senpai, as she can go into the Boys' Shower Room to admire him, but what she feels isn't lust, and more like seeing color in a grey world. It isn't exactly romantic or sexual attraction, either; Senpai's presence merely allows Yandere-chan to feel sensations she otherwise cannot.
If Yandere-chan ever accidentally hurt Senpai, she would feel a mixture of depressed emotions. However, she is okay with mentally traumatizing Senpai in order to eliminate a rival.
Yandere-chan can't object to anything that would make Senpai happy, as long as it isn't another girl. It would therefore be possible for Senpai to manipulate her if he wanted. However, if he insulted her, she'd punish him and maybe even break him to ensure he wouldn't do so again.
Senpai isn't close with Yandere-chan and doesn't know much about her. He usually never notices Yandere-chan, as she is able to follow him home after school, depending on how the day went. However, if she stands near him for too long during the day then he notices her and is creeped out by her behavior.
If Yandere-chan ever lost Senpai's love or if she got rejected by Senpai, YandereDev could imagine her crying over it. If Senpai was ever killed and Yandere-chan knew who was responsible, she would feel a cross between deep hatred and total, hollow emptiness. If Senpai ever committed suicide because of Yandere-chan, she would feel the same way.
Info-chan doesn't care about Senpai's love life. The two never seem to interact and Info-chan is perfectly fine with ruining his life, whether to boost her newspaper and have him for herself (first intro) or to get rid of an enemy (second intro). Info-chan might not care for the other rivals either, because she'll still help Yandere-chan get rid of them, even if Senpai has a chance of being very happy with them.
Info-chan will not accept the player's photos of Senpai, should they send them to her.
Senpai is oblivious to the test rival Kokona Haruka's feelings. They are in the same class as each other, but she still calls him Senpai.
Senpai's little sister is a planned rival, not because she lusts after her brother, but because she loves her brother to the extent that she does not want him to gain a girlfriend. She wants all of his attention. She is also extremely clingy, possessive of him, and would never want to leave his side.
If she is killed, Senpai's sanity variable will greatly decrease.
At the end of the sister's week, she will force her brother to agree that he'll never get a girlfriend.
In the final game, Senpai will become sick for the one week that the school nurse isn't present. Instead, he will visit the substitute nurse every day. Senpai will become attracted to her, and their relationship may grow.
- Senpai's favorite food is still undecided.
- Senpai's reactions and voice resemble Amano Yukiteru from the anime Mirai Nikki (Future Diary).
- Senpai wrote a book, "How to Hentai without Hentaing", seen in the May 7th, 2015 Update. This feature was later removed; YandereDev has since declared it non-canon.
- As of the September 20th, 2015 Update, when Senpai witnesses Yandere-chan commit murder, all students will freeze in place and look at Yandere-chan in horror.
- In old builds, Senpai was usually the first to naturally witness Kokona Haruka's corpse if the player poisoned her at lunchtime, as he stood closest to where her corpse would be and would spot it as he headed back to class at the end of his lunch break. However, as of the November 15th, 2015 Update, Kokona's corpse is no longer in Senpai's path as he returns to class, and he will not discover it.
- Senpai's voice lines for the poisoning event, as shown in "How to poison a girl in Yandere Simulator", were not in the actual game.
- There currently isn't any voice acting for Senpai catching Yandere-chan taking panty shots, although he does react negatively.
- The character model that was used to make Senpai is available in the Unity Assets store.
- Senpai was voiced by Austin Hively in "I Want My Senpai Back".
- In the future, it will be possible to steal Senpai's clothes and shoes from the gym. YandereDev has said that the game mechanic of stealing items from Senpai for the Senpai Shrine has been planned since its implementation.
- In Japanese, senpai (先輩) means upperclassman.
- The only way to kill Senpai is to use unconventional methods, such as Easter Egg modes. However, it will have no effect on the end of the day, and the ending words still say that Yandere-chan sees Senpai walk back home (unharmed). Senpai will come back to life the next day.
- Since the pink aura zone persists after Senpai's death in the location he was killed, his corpse can only be dragged after he's dead if something pushes him out of the zone.
- If his corpse is dumped into the incinerator the game will freeze.
- If Senpai was in a Hogwarts house, he would be a Hufflepuff.
- There are 25,000 different combinations of customization options for Senpai - 125,000 different combinations if Senpai is in a customized uniform.
- Senpai has never bought a panty shot from Info-chan.
- YandereDev would make the basic female Senpai a girl with medium-length black hair and fair skin.
- Senpai has an unnamed career path that has not been revealed yet.
- Senpai can probably cook a few simple meals.
- On Akademi High School's Facebook page, there is a post made by Senpai asking how old the sakura trees are.
- Senpai's birthday might be the same as Yandere-chan's birthday, April 1st.
- Since the November 15, 2015 Update, Senpai no longer sits under the cherry blossom tree near the front of the school. Now he rests on the edge of the fountain in the plaza.
- On December 23rd, 2015 (according to WordPress), YandereDev posted a comic created by Achromatic, which joked about what would happen if Senpai was allergic to cats. If Senpai was ever allergic to cats, Yandere-chan would kill her own beloved cat for him. However, Senpai being allergic to cats is not necessarily canon yet.
- There was an old idea of breaking into Senpai's house, but it depends on whether or not there will be a small town in the game.
- YandereDev states that Yandere-chan could possibly go on a date with Senpai, if a small town was added.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found